Get in touch

Your views are important to us, both positive and negative.

Please select the way in which you would like to contact us. Options are to the left – email, telephone or in writing.

Comments, concerns and complaints

Although we aim to provide a high-quality service, there will be times when we do not get it right. We encourage you, our patients and families, to get in touch with us when you believe that our service has not been as it should.

We welcome the opportunity to learn from these situations and to use them to improve future services.

Our Patient Experience team is your first point of contact should you have a comment, concern or complaint about the service you have received and we will do our best to deal with them quickly, fairly and efficiently.

If you wish to raise a comment, concern or complaint on behalf of someone else, we will need to obtain appropriate consent and, if this is not possible, we discuss with you what we need to do to progress the matter.

On receipt of all comments, concerns and complaints, we will:

  • Acknowledge these verbally and / or in writing within three working days of its receipt;
  • Agree with you what will happen next;
  • Investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident;
  • Explain what action we are going to take;
  • Aim to provide you with a response within 35 working days, or sooner, and explain when this is not possible.

Independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

The NHS Complaints Advocacy Service is a free, independent and confidential service that can help you make a complaint about the National Health Service (NHS).

Should you require any direct help or advice making your comment, concern or complaint, you can contact the NHS Complaints Advocacy Head Office helpline on 0330 440 9000 who can provide you with details of your local Advocacy Service or logon to their web site at

Alternatively, you may wish to contact your Local Healthwatch. In order to access details to your local Healthwatch you can email or call 03000 683 0000.

What happens if you are not satisfied?

The Trust will do everything possible to ensure that your comment, concern or complaint is addressed in full and to your satisfaction. If, however, you do remain dissatisfied, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

Contacting Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345 015 4033 or visit

For directions to Trust HQ in Exeter please see here. For directions to St James Court in Bristol see here.

We cannot give medical advice via email.

Email this page Print page


South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) is gearing up for a busy August Bank Holiday weekend and urges the public to Choose Well and think before dialing 999.

How can we make this page better?
Captcha Test Image
Rounded corners
Rounded corners
© South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust 2017 Design by Precedent | Powered by Sitekit