Your views are important to us, both positive and negative.
Please select the way in which you would like to contact us from the options below.
Need to contact us?
Please complete the contact form below and let us know the subject of your enquiry. A member of the trust will contact you as soon as possible.Contact form
We cannot give medical advice via email. If you require medical advice you will need to contact NHS111 by dialling 111.
If it is a medical emergency please call 999 now.
Do you prefer to speak to someone on the phone?
Use the numbers below to contact the relevant department:
- Reception - 0300 369 0130 (General support and Compliments)
- Patient Experience - 0300 369 0133 (Comments, Concerns and Complaints)
- Lost property - 0300 369 0134
- Information Governance (including Freedom of Information requests) - 0300 369 0132
Please be aware that calls may be recorded or monitored.
Write to us
If you would like to send us a letter, please use the address below. Remember to add which team you would like this to go to!
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Would you like to say thank you to a Trust team or member of staff?
We are always grateful to hear from you, and are pleased your experience with the service has been positive. There are a few ways you can say thank you listed below, please choose your preferred option:Thank you form
- You can also send us an email to Compliments@swast.nhs.uk
- Or use our postal address below to send us cards, letters or gifts:
Patient Engagement Team
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
*If you would like to thank an ambulance crew who attended you or someone you know, please ensure you include the date of the incident, the address or location of the incident, and the patient's name (if known), we cannot process the compliment without this information.*
Gifts - Would you like to send us something?
Thank you so much for thinking of sending us a gift. We have listed some helpful guidance below:
- Any gift £10 or under, e.g. a gift card or box of chocolates, will be gratefully received by the lucky team member.
- A financial gift of £10 or more will be donated to the South Western Ambulance Charity, this is then used to fund fun activities or treats for the teams.
- Any other gift deemed to be worth over £10 e.g. Champagne, will be given to our Charity team for prizes or raffle. On some occasions, these items can be returned to you, if you include your address.
- We gladly accept perishable items like cakes, cookies and biscuits, but politely request these are sent with as long a shelf life as possible to allow us time to send on to the crews/teams. We also encourage you to purchase the items from local shops or businesses, instead of making your own, to allow us to note the "best before end date".
- If you would like to ensure your gift reaches a specific team member, please ensure you keep to the £10 limit.
We are incredibly grateful for any donations to our Charity. The support we receive from you helps fund vital work behind the scenes, as well as fun activities and welfare services for our frontline staff, if you would like to donate please get in touch with our Charity Team- Learn more here.
Your Personal Information
The Patient Engagement Team may need to contact you for further information, in order to fully process your compliment. Your details will not be shared with any third party organisations and your personal details will remain anonymous but your message will be shared with the staff member or team, any identifiable details will be redacted before publishing. If you prefer not to be contacted in relation to your compliment, please annotate this in your communication or click "no" where asked on the contact form. You can also request we don't contact you in relation to a recently submitted compliment by emailing email@example.com.
We will not contact you for any other reason.
If you have any questions, please contact the Patient Engagement Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments, concerns and complaints
Although we aim to provide a high-quality service, there will be times when we do not get it right. We encourage you, our patients and families, to get in touch with us when you believe that our service has not been as it should.
We welcome the opportunity to learn from these situations and to use them to improve future services.
Our Patient Experience team is your first point of contact should you have a comment, concern or complaint about the service you have received and we will do our best to deal with them quickly, fairly and efficiently.
You can also check our Frequently asked questions page to see if your comment, concern or complaint has already been addressed.
If you wish to raise a comment, concern or complaint on behalf of someone else, we will need to obtain appropriate consent and, if this is not possible, we discuss with you what we need to do to progress the matter.Complaint form
On receipt of all comments, concerns and complaints, we will:
- Acknowledge these verbally and / or in writing within three working days of its receipt;
- Agree with you what will happen next;
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident;
- Explain what action we are going to take.
What happens if you are not satisfied?
The Trust will do everything possible to ensure that your comment, concern or complaint is addressed in full and to your satisfaction. If, however, you do remain dissatisfied, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.
Contacting Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Telephone: 0345 015 4033 or visit www.ombudsman.org.uk